Posted to rec.woodworking
Leuf Leuf is offline

Default Daughter's wedding present.

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 10:13:40 -0600, "Swingman" wrote:

I got jealous after looking after your "stuff" yesterday and, since it too
damn cold to go in the shop, I decided to try my hand at "Sketchup" ...
pretty cool concept, but the free one is certainly is not the one to design
furniture with AFAICT.

It works for me, though if you have a lot of curves you've got
problems. I find it especially useful just for playing with
dimensions to see how it's going to look and I can fill in the details
myself. For example:

For a chest for a client I started out with these two sketches to show
possibilities:

http://krtwood.com/chest1.jpg
http://krtwood.com/chest2.jpg

And after deciding on the frame and panel that got refined to this:

http://krtwood.com/chest3.jpg

And the result:

http://krtwood.com/chest7.jpg

-Leuf