Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Aquarium Stand/Bookcase Help

shotcaller88 wrote:

Most of the diy aquarium stand plans I have found use a frame. Since
this style is frame less, I want to make sure it won't fall apart on
me. Will screws & wood glue be sufficient to hold it together. Would
you recommend the use of biscuits instead?

Without any water in it, that design will work fine. Whether or not the
implementation will work depends on your skills :-).

If there's any chance you'll ever fill the aquarium with water, I'd add a
center divider to prevent sag in the middle along the front edge. Another
good idea is to put a 1/4" thick piece of foam insulation board under the
aquarium to compensate for any small irregularities in the wood and/or
construction.

--
It's turtles, all the way down