Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Baker Dave Baker is offline

Default Brown Water from Hot Tap...

"Hello" wrote in message
Hi,

I recently drained my friends combi boiler added some sludge remover, then
eventually put some inhibitor into the system, for the first couple of

weeks
my friends was really pleased as he noticed that the boiler was quiter,
however he is not noticing that when he puts the hot water on there is

brown
water that initailly comes out, he is positive this has only started since
the system was drained.

Any ideas what could possibly be doing this.

BTW, sludge remover and inhibitor fed into the system via radiator.

Regards

A leak in a heating coil somewhere inside the system causing water from the
boiler/radiator part of the system to get into the hot water part of it. The
sludge remover probably removed sludge that was actually sealing the
pinhole. Very common in the coils inside immersion tanks as they corrode
internally.
--
"I found this stone in the park yesterday. It's been worn to a perfect
sphere by the elements and dimpled by time."