Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn Goedjn is offline

Default Sewer line angles

On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 19:30:23 -0800, "Eigenvector"
wrote:

"Howard" wrote in message
roups.com...
Generally sewage is routed to the low point of the development. If
that is below the level of mainline to the sewage plant then a pump
station is developed. The output of the pump station is under
pressure. Most of the pump station is below grade. You can sometimes
spot one by looking for a concrete pad, surrounded by a fence. On the
pad is a watertight electrical box and usually a backup generator. The
watertight box is the control for the multiple pumps located below
ground in the pit.

Hmm, thanks, I'll have to take a closer look next time I'm walking around
the neighborhood. Seems like a pretty tenuous solution given the
consequences if it fails but what else can you do?

Restrict all bathrooms to the second floor or higher?