Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default microwave oven door scratches

I can remember from my "car" days that auto polishing compound came in two
flavours, brown was coarse and would still leave fine scratches, white was
the one you could use to remove scratches from cheap sunglasses, I assume it
would work on a microwave door. You try at your own risk.

wrote in message
oups.com...
woah woah woah... be careful about that rubbing compound... it tends to
make a tremendous amount of scratches on plastic the one time I tried
it... on polycarbonate. Which, if memory serves me right, is the same
stuff they make CD's out of, and probably Microwave doors.

Try using some basic toothpaste (not the gel type, you want the cheapo
type that has pumice in it) and 'polish' only the scratched area. If
it's too deep, that won't work too well. I know this method works on
scratched CD's quite well.

It may be worth a shot, because it'll only cost you a quarter. You
*could* try some clear-coat safe car wax. Try the paste if you've got
it.

Let us know if anything you try works! It's good info to have for all
kinds of clear plastic.