Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] runderwo@mail.win.org is offline

Default HV does not come on for Daytek 1731-D monitor?

I have seen a lot of these Daytek 17 inch monitors. All dead, and all
with the
same problem.

...and that problem is?

I tried the dark room to 'see' the arcing if any and did not see any.

I did note the HV transformer has a cracked mounting tube, no idea when
that occurred. The crack appears to be completely mechanical and not
even have voltage around it, just looks like a poor choice of plastic.

Listening closely to the tic this time, the tic sounds more mechanical,
like a relay, than arcing

Seriously, what is the same problem?

The same as your problem. HV does not come up. I did not find parts
or a service manual at the time, so I did not investigate further.
Looks like the service manual has popped up on the net since then.