Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ron(UK) Ron(UK) is offline

Default Name for this sort of distortion ?

tlbs wrote:
N Cook wrote:
The term escapes me for when say negative going audio output is absent and
only positive going is present, or vice versa. ?

If the audio voltage is "low level" -- under 1 volt peak, and the
amplifier output is a push-pull type especially class B, then it is
probably crossover distortion.

If one half cycle was missing, you couldn`t have crossover distortion as
there wouldn`t be any crossover.

If the audio voltage you see is well over 1 volt peak (with no negative
voltage swing), then what the other guys above said is correct, but
there is no standard term for that kind of distortion I can think of
other than "rectification".

Half wave rectification maybe, tho it`s not being 'rectified', it`s just
missing.

Ron(UK)