Posted to rec.woodworking
shotcaller88 shotcaller88 is offline

Default Aquarium Stand/Bookcase Help

Hello. I plan to make a stand for a 40 gallon aquarium. It will be
holding a bearded dragon, so it won't have to hold the weight of the
water. The stand will be approx 36x18x30h and be made from 3/4" oak
veneer. I would like to make it as similar to this picture as possible:
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f2...helf-stand.jpg

Most of the diy aquarium stand plans I have found use a frame. Since
this style is frame less, I want to make sure it won't fall apart on
me. Will screws & wood glue be sufficient to hold it together. Would
you recommend the use of biscuits instead?

I'm not very experienced in woodworking. I've made a few things before,
most recently a subwoofer box of 3/4" mdf. However, I'm pretty sure
with the help of a couple friends I can pull this off. Any advice will
be appreciated. Thanks.