Posted to rec.woodworking
Pat Barber Pat Barber is offline

Default How to simulate English Oak

Something interesting:

I can find no other supplier of these products and
I know that can't be right.

The Valspar site shows "nothing" when searching on
Thermwood and Thermwood doesn't show up on any
google search as a finishing company.

Frank Boettcher wrote:

On the Thermwood site:

Try:
http://www.woodworkerswholesale.com/Articles.asp?ID=129

I haven't used them yet, saw them at the Atlanta show late last
summer, picked up some of the DVD's and have watched them. At the
show, they had some furniture pieces that had been finished with
several of the schedules. They looked very good.

Frank

Frank Boettcher wrote:

Thermwood/Valspar has some new finishing schedules that are fairly
nice. They are all inclusive, that is, they include stains, toners,
shading agents, sealers, and final finishes. They sell them as a set.
I think one of them was distressed antique oak that might be
appropriate.

Each schedule has a corresponding DVD that gives a step by step,
including the aging and distressing steps. You might want to check it
out.

Frank