Posted to rec.woodworking
Andy Andy is offline

Default Daughter's wedding present.

I liked that idea, so I got my tools and went to work:

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...oy/fixedit.jpg

I like the curve there. I wonder if there'd be some way to integrate a
curve into the base? If you like the base, go for it (assuming the
bride approves - great advice JOAT!)
One other thing - I don't know if it'd be a real concern or not, but
are you going to do some sort of lower side or front rails on the
chairs? They'll probably be skidded around a lot in their lifetime,
including with the weight of a person on them. Seems like a little
extra support would add a lot of strength. A front rail would also
supply a place to rest one's feet.
Again, I haven't tried this both ways (only chair I've built is a
rocker); just wondering aloud.
Looks nice,
Andy (who doesn't have a clue about 3D renderings - I do most of my 2D
"renderings" in a program called "Pencil & Graph Paper 2.0", but I
occasionally use "Pen & Scrap Paper 1.1" when I don't have access to
all my home design tools).