Old Nick

Default entry level CAD program?

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 11:41:50 -0500, "Brian"
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:
]
You want cheap. You want quick. You want somethong that is no harder
than pen and ink, and lets you go away fro a week or so and then come
back and simply start uing it again without an hour's lessons, but
does all the dimensioning for you. You only need 2D.

deltacad. Midnight software. There is a trial. The guy is NOT going to
do 3D last time I asked.

It has its peccadilloes. But they are minor. It has limitations.

But if you want what I said above, I could not find anything better.

I do _all_ of my drawing in it.

No affiliations except usage etc...

I want to draw up some designs for simple objects. In years past I would
have used paper and a drawing table, but it seems that a program is the
current way to go. What CAD program is suitable for a computer challenged
person, using a lap top, who wants to be able to:

create, save and print out on a normal ink-jet HP type printer drawings of
things like car flywheels.
email files and have other people be able to read them
post drawings of objects on a web page
be compatable with any industry standards that may exist.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Brian

..........no I'm not!

Spike....Spike? Hello?