Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Daughter's wedding present.

"Robatoy" wrote in message

Did you see the teeth on that saw? That sucker cuts real quick!
(I was too lazy to add too much detail)
In terms of modelling, it helps if you do it often. After a while, the
metaphor between real construction and 'building' a model becomes quite
natural, assuming your software allows that way of thinking, and most
don't. I have 3D level AutoCAD certification from the local college and
thoroughly despise the program/software. There is nothing 'natural'
about it. I don't use it.
I use MiniCAD (now called Vectorworks) and Strata 3D. For proper, to
scale, dimensioned drawings, I use Vectorworks. All on a Mac, but all
that stuff runs on Billyware as well

I got jealous after looking after your "stuff" yesterday and, since it too
damn cold to go in the shop, I decided to try my hand at "Sketchup" ...
pretty cool concept, but the free one is certainly is not the one to design
furniture with AFAICT.

I do have a copy of DesignCAD 3D ... might reload it and see if it's any
better while it's too cold for this thin blooded coonass to work in the
shop. (.... and all you Canuckians can quit laughing about 32 F being "too
cold".)

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/06/07