Posted to rec.woodworking
David Starr David Starr is offline

Default My wife just took me up on it!

wrote:
Hi all,

My wife just bought me a nice table saw/router for Christmas, I set it
up, but have never used a Table saw before, any safety tips ?

Also...any one have some simple plans to learn the basics?

Thanks,
Darryl.

Since the safety subject has been well covered, let me suggest a
couple of simple things to make. Presumable your wife has already
suggested something she wants for the house. If not ask her.
Small picture frames are easy enough, rip some decent wood to size,
rabbet the back to accept the glass, matte board and back. Miter the
corners, glue them and reenforce the miters with brads.
Storage boxes. Use 1/4" plywood for the bottoms and dado the sides
to hold the bottoms in. Simpliest design is butt joints on all corners.
You can work up to rabbet or rabbet-miter joints or that most elegant
of all table saw joints, the finger lap.

David Starr