Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Thermal conductivity of different types of windows

Grunff wrote:
Hi all,

Anyone know where I can get k values for different types of windows?
Specifically, I'd like to compa

- single pane leaded windows (real leaded, with the lead all the way
through, not stuck on) in a steel frame

and

- 18mm double glased sealed units in an oak frame

TIA

I have this somewhere..I have SG leaded..but I haven;t time to look it up.

Its in the building regulations tho..handy guide..

IIRC the SG U value is around 5-7 and the DG is around 1-3 depending

A good insulated wall is less than 0.3...

If you are considering installing new leaded lights, like wot I did you
WILL need to get the whole building energy calculated to convince the
BCO that it is within spec, and this WILL mean extra insulation elsewhere.

If its an upgrade to an existing building, you may also need to convince
him/her that enough extra insulation is applied elsewhere at the same
time to bring the modifications to at least no worse than what was there
before, and preferably a lot better.