Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.consumers.frugal-living,sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default Planned Obselescence....A Good Thing?

lsmartino wrote:
clare ha escrito:

I replace enought ATX computer SMPSs before they hit 3 years - many
within 2, and too many within one. And they are running, in many
cases, on protected power supplies.

Me too, and the problem doesn´t stops with the SMPS. I have seen
enough motherboard failures caused by defective capacitors. In fact,
there is even a website www.badcaps.net dedicated to motherboard
failures caused by bad capacitors.

That was not planned, an electrolyte manufacture stole an incomplete
formula and sold loads of defective electrolyte to capacitor makers.