Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mm mm is offline

Default 6 volts DC for 2 inch TV

On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 11:17:39 -0700, Bill Jeffrey
wrote:

lsmartino wrote:

You want to find a charger who outputs nothing more than 6V, and 300 mA
or more. The TV will take the amount of power (consumption in mA) it
needs, meaning that a 500 mA power source will not damage it, because
the TV will only draw 267 mA from the 500 mA power source. Just be
careful of the voltage produced by the charger, because thatīs a
critical paramater and it shouldnīt be higher than 6.6V or lower than
5.4V under any circumstances.

To close, the idea of the dropping resistor is an awful one.
Donīt risk frying your TV. Itīs more worth having it fuly operational
than the cost of a proper DC regulated power supply.

A voltage regulator IC, or a modified REGULATED charger (modifying it
might be more of a hassle than it first appears) should do fine. If it
were me, I would simply use a series dropping resistor followed by a
shunt filter cap and a shunt 6.3 volt zener. The zener will probably
have to be mounted on a small heat sink - but so would a voltage
regulator IC. Pretty simple.

I may do this. It's the voltage regulator or this. I waited to
reply thinking I'd have more followup to report, but I dont.

Thanks to all.

Bill

If you are inclined to email me
for some reason, remove NOPSAM :-)