Posted to uk.d-i-y
Psst Psst is offline

Default Have British Gas (BG) recommended a good heating system for me.

On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 21:05:30 +0000 (UTC), Ed Sirett
wrote:

On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 12:33:59 -0800, HelpDiy wrote:

BG have quoted to replace hot air heating system with a wet system and
I really would be grateful for opinions on whether it sounds a good
system (is the boiler any good). They said could not have sealed system
as mains water pipe is too small and so need header tank in loft.
Recommended a British Gas 330 boiler which I think might be Glow Worm
HXi. Our house is a 4 bed 70's style detached (its not a mansion!).

BG quoted £7100 for British Gas 330 boiler (condensing), 10 radiators
and a towel rail (6ft towel rail sounded a bit excessive in our small
bathroom!), new water cylinder, radio controlled thermostat in hall,
thermostat on each radiator except the hall one, digital controller
box.

The price is a bit scary IMHO