Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] tbasc@bellsouth.net is offline

Default Exhaust Fan

Dottie wrote:
My bathroom has a window but it can't be opened when someone is taking
a shower and moisture builds up fast.

I would like to install an exhaust fan in the ceiling but I have a tile
roof so it can't go out through the roof. My dryer was originally
vented out through the roof (it's at the other end of the house) but it
stopped working right and a man who does repairs came in and ran a new
vent pipe up into the attic and out through the soffit. It works fine.
I am wondering if there is any reason why I can't do the same thing
with the bathroom.

If the exhaust is closely connected to the soffit vent, you can get
away with it.
It is better than dumping warm, moist air into the attic.
I'd rather run the vents our through the wall with a dedicated end cap.
This would insure unrestricted venting and insure excluding the moist
air from the attic.
TB