Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Testing GFCI's - A Philosophical Discussion

Chris Friesen postulated:
- I would submit that if one is not confident about something, then you
have some doubts as
- to its effectiveness.

Doubting something's effectiveness is not the same thing as worrying
about it. I doubt that many of the health aids they sell on late night
TV are effective, but I sure don't worry about them.

- Add to that the sarcastic "sleep well", implying that we shouldn't,
and I don't think my comment
- was too far off.

What keeps other's up at night may not be the same thing that keeps me
up at night. Perhaps I was just trying to instill a little worry in
others. g

Chris Friesen wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
Instead of replying on list, Chris cluttered my inbox with, amongst
other ramblings,

Sorry about that...I had intended for that to go to the list and was
actually wondering why I hadn't seen it.

"Heck, if you're going to worry about stuff, why not worry about the
airbags in your car--you have no way to test those until they're
actually needed..."

I don't recall posting that I was "worrying" about anything. I simply
made some points to start a fun discussion and it appears that I
accomplished my goal.

I would submit that if one is not confident about something, then you
have some doubts as to its effectiveness. Add to that the sarcastic
"sleep well", implying that we shouldn't, and I don't think my comment
was too far off.

Chris