Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Gosh-darned sliding door

I'm not sure what you are seeing on "all the web sites" but my
Peachtree comes out as follows:

Along the top of the frame, interior of the sliding panel, there is a ~
3/4 x 3/4 piece of trim. If I look up at the bottom of this trim I see
a series of screws going up into the frame. Remove these screws, remove
the trim and pull the top of the door into the room to remove.

Caution: When you remove the trim, the door may want to fall into the
room on its own, so have a helper nearby or brace the door with a 2x4
first.

HTH

wrote:
My sliding glass door is sticking, and I can't seem to bring it out
from the inside, like all the web sites show. The only way I can get it
off seems to be to take out the fixed glass panel and take it out from
the outside. I'm scared to do this. Should I go ahead and do this or am
I missing something obvious?

http://www.myspace.com/sane54