Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Gosh-darned sliding door

wrote:
My sliding glass door is sticking, and I can't seem to bring it out
from the inside, like all the web sites show. The only way I can get it
off seems to be to take out the fixed glass panel and take it out from
the outside. I'm scared to do this. Should I go ahead and do this or am
I missing something obvious?

Probably, but I can't see from here...

May have (or again, probably has) an anti-entry feature of a stop in
the upper track to prevent unauthorized entry by the expedient of just
lifting the door out of the track. Look to see if there's anything at
the top that can be loosened to then let the door come out. If you can
tell the manufacturer, probably can find information on the specific
one either on the web or by calling a local distributor. It
undoubtedly went in w/o removing the glass and almost certainly can
come out that way as well...