Posted to aus.electronics,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair
PhattyMo PhattyMo is offline

Default bottom posters are ******S

::::Jim Mason:::: wrote:
In article ,
says...

On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 10:30:30 +1300, "Frank" wrote:

I have to ask you "were have you started to read this message"
AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE

So why the **** do bottom posting ******s want you to spend time scrolling
down a page of crap looking for were the new message starts ? because they
are thick, OK you might ask, why not remove the old message so the new
message appears at the top of the page, well that is one option, I only
include it so anyone who comes in half way down the thread can work out what
is go on, how often does that happen, Not very often.

Get a life, stop wanking, stop bottom posting. Top posting saves time, as us
more intelligent people seem to understand.

I dunno Frank, top posting makes more sense to me too since you
frequently have to scroll down to read the stuff. But the practice
dates back to Early Usenet when posts had to slowly percolate through
the ill-maintained news servers. So it made a lot more sense to read
the posts then answer them chronologically.

As for why it is still done that way . . . who knows for sure? One
theory: it is "cool" to uphold the old standards like you were one of
the original geeks. Theory Two: geeks have more trouble adapting to
change than non-geeks. Theory three: None of the netiquette or FAQ
sites have been updated in a zillion years. Theory Four: modern folks
have such short attention spans that they can't possibly remember from
day to day what transpired the day before.

Theory Five: You get trolls bitching about it no matter WHICH way you post..
Screw it,I mix it up..sometimes top-post,sometimes bottom-post..

Deal with it.

Take your pick. In the meantime bottom post so we don't have to have
the same old argument over and over.

Indeed.