Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Charles Schuler Charles Schuler is offline

Default Oscilloscope

"hardhackers" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi All

I want to purchase a new Oscilloscope with a maximum frequesncy limit
of 30MHZ (20-50MHz). I'm looking PC Attached type, like USB or
Parallel.

I want some advice for to procure best cost efficent scope

Can't really advise you without knowing how will use it. For general
purpose work, you don't need a PC type.

Questions:

1/ Why new?
2/ Would a small, portable unit serve your needs?
3/ How many channels?
4/ Digital scopes are tricky and analog scopes (new) are tough to find.

I'd consider a good, used, analog Tek, assuming I had the means to return it
if it was not in good condition. I don't like some of the digital scopes
that are out there now.