Posted to sci.electronics.repair
UCLAN UCLAN is offline

Default Fisher VCR model FVH919 snowy pix.

Malissa Baldwin wrote:

This is my own VCR. There is a small horizontal section of picture that
is visible at the bottom of the screen. It seemed just like dirty video
heads symptom but cleaning them had no effect. I replaced them but the
problem is still there. I was talking to Ben from Tip Top Tuner today
and mentioned Fisher. He told me about two small capacitors that could
cause this problem. Not sure if its the same machine or where they
might be though. The tracking control seems to have no effect
whatsoever. Does anyone remember this symptom on this machine. Its
about 20 years old but stereo and really built well so I'd like to keep
it. Thanks for any assistance. Lenny Stein, Barlen Electronics.

I got a question of my own. WHY THE **** ARE YOU STILL USING VHS,
RETARD?

More useful input, I see. A pattern is emerging...