Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Maxwell McHamster Maxwell McHamster is offline

Default Oscilloscope

Dr. Anton T. Squeegee wrote:

Contrary to what the computer makers of the world would like you to
believe, the PC is not the be-all and end-all for electronic test
equipment. Far from it, in fact.

I agree completely, I would not even TOUCH a "Pc-dependent"
test-instrument because in a few years time...the port
that is uses...OR the software will still depend on that
old Operating system you used when you bought it and all of
a sudden your PC-scope is obsolete just after 4-5 years!

If you purchase a test-instrument (stand-alone) it will
most likely last you 20 years or longer and it will do excactly
the same job it did for you when it was brand new - ready -
on stand by for YOU when YOU need it, and no booting
time or annoying incompatibility issues.

My whole hobby workshop is filled with such standalone
instruments - never regret it so far!

What Dr. Anton says - is 100 % true - go for the real thing,
you may even find its a lot cheaper too!