Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dr. Anton T. Squeegee Dr. Anton T. Squeegee is offline

Default Oscilloscope

In article . com,
(known to some as hardhackers) scribed...

Hi All

I want to purchase a new Oscilloscope with a maximum frequesncy limit
of 30MHZ (20-50MHz). I'm looking PC Attached type, like USB or
Parallel.

I want some advice for to procure best cost efficent scope

If you're serious about your test gear, I think you would do much
better to find an older Tektronix 7000 series. Something like an SC504
(80MHz) or 7603 (100MHz).

Note that with the SC504, you will also need a Tek TM500 or 5000
series instrument enclosure to run it. The good news there is that both
are pretty cheap these days, and you can plug other TM5xx instruments
into them as well.

With the 7603, you will also need a timebase plug-in (7B50 would do
nicely) and a vertical amp (7A26, plentiful and cheap). All should be
readily available from surplus electronic sources such as ham radio swap
meets, Ebay, etc.

Contrary to what the computer makers of the world would like you to
believe, the PC is not the be-all and end-all for electronic test
equipment. Far from it, in fact.

Happy hunting.

rgds
Sree

--
Dr. Anton T. Squeegee, Director, Dutch Surrealist Plumbing Institute
(Known to some as Bruce Lane, KC7GR)