Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Land Jim Land is offline

Default Power hungry lcd CCFL tube

"jss" wrote in
oups.com:

Eh, you just bought the wrong tube. Easiest to throw it away and buy
the right one. Look at a site such as

http://www.lcdpart.com/doc/ccfl.html

Thank you Jim Land for your reply.

I considered that but after searching the net for many tubes of 2 x
305 mm, including the site you indicate, and I didn't find one that
consumes more than 7 mA, on the stated characteristics I mean.

So I assumed that there are no tubes consuming 13 mA and mine is
probably manufacture defective or faulty in some way; am I wrong?
I think the inverter is ok because the current is normal with the old
tube.

One other thing I didn't refer is that I can feel the tube warmer than
I would expect, more to the hot side, from the outside of the LCD.

OK, your new tube is drawing too much current. Maybe it's designed that
way, or maybe it's defective, but either way, it doesn't matter, because
it doesn't work with your lcd. Throw it away. Buy a new tube (from a
different source!) and install it.

The point, after all, is to get your lcd working, correct?