Posted to rec.woodworking
Bewildered Bewildered is offline

Default Walnut Workability?

wrote in message
Maybe someone can validate that statement furthermore or dismiss it.
Or it could be just an old tale.
I never use walnut wood chips or saw dust for mulching to be used around
ornamental trees.
The situation is when you do surface planing or wood turning you
accumulate lots of wood chips and it has to be disposed.
I always end up burning it in the stove.

After cutting down a walnut tree and working it up into lumber I had bags
and bags of walnut shavings, so I researched that thoroughly.
It is "thought" that some plants "might" be hurt by walnut mulch; but there
is no definitive word on the subject. But all agree that it is harmless
after composting.

So I laid mine down in a parking area where I want to discourage weeds.
Maybe it will help; who knows.