Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy Robatoy is offline

Default Daughter's wedding present.

Swingman wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote in message
This is a bit of a blend between Arts & Crafts and Mission...the table
came out more looking like Metro.

"Very Prarie" ... to coin a new term.

Vince Gill played in a band with a name something like that, now the
song 'Amy' is stuck in my head for ther rest of the day.

I stole the design components from all over the place. So here is my
question:
Do the table and chairs look compatible?

Absolutely.

I was thinking cherry, any other suggestions?

That would be startling.

Not a criticism, but do you have enough overhang on the ends of the trestle,

Good point. I'd have to make sure there's enough room for feet at the
end seating arrangement.

and do you really want the side chairs to have arms, or was that just a
convenience in rendering the model?

I plan on only one chair with arms. I modelled it first and got lazy
and copied it for the other positions.

(I also made sure that it was reasonably easy to fabricate)

Perhaps a bit too easy? ... hard to tell, but the back legs of the chairs
appear to angle toward the front legs at the same chair back angle? If so,
and with that tall back, you may find them to be a bit too easy to tip
backwards.

Maybe a perspective thing. Pure side views show them parallel.
I plan to introduce a very slight curve to front of the back/legs, but
just to the front of the back/legs as I want to keep the straight look
as much as possible.

I really do like your design ... they'd look gorgeous with a leather 'slip'
seat. Well done!

Thank you, and yes, leather is the choice there (told you I was ripping
off ideas, this time FLW/Taliesin/Brophius)
Dropping the model onto a Liberty rug gave me a better understanding of
what I'm after. (Now I'll have to hunt one of those rugs down and add
it to the package....good thing she's worth it. Maybe something
Navaho-ish.)

As always, thanks for the positive input.