Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Walnut Workability?

Maybe someone can validate that statement furthermore or dismiss it.
Or it could be just an old tale.
I never use walnut wood chips or saw dust for mulching to be used around
ornamental trees.
The situation is when you do surface planing or wood turning you accumulate
lots of wood chips and it has to be disposed.
I always end up burning it in the stove.

"Phisherman" wrote in message
On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 21:33:54 -0500, "Stoutman" .@. wrote:

I am planning on purchasing some walnut this weekend to start work on my
Stickley-rip off bed (I know Stickley is usually cherry or QSWO, but SWBO
wants walnut.)

I have not made an entire project from walnut before. How easily does
this
stuff work? Chip-out prone?

Good workability. Walnut dust is bad so wear a tight-fitting mask and
use your DC.