Posted to uk.d-i-y
NoSpam NoSpam is offline

Default Supplier of wire mesh?

Dave Fawthrop wrote:
On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 22:08:42 +0000, NoSpam wrote:

|I'm about to make some airing cupboard shelves and want to use a wire
|mesh rather than plain slats - any recommendations for suppliers?
|(I've found www.meshdirect.co.uk)

Wire mesh is not strong, and cloths/blankets are heavy.
SWMBO would object to rust marks on the clothes.
I went for wooded slats, strong and allow ventilation.

Slats have annoyed me in the past because things drop down between them.
I was going to use a wooden frame to support the mesh so I suppose it
adds-up to very widely spaced slats plus the mesh. Powder coating or
galvanised would avoid rust.

Dave