Posted to uk.d-i-y
Julian Julian is offline

Default Mains Voltage

I note that the 11kV feed is single phase, how long is this 11kV spur?

More to the point how many other people are on it?

If more than two it ain't the problem. Otherwise half a dozen people
putting an electric fire on would dive it into the ground, at that implied
impedance.

Just two of us on the 11kv line. About 500 yards up the lane there is
another group of houses and a pub, they have a transformer also. There are
three 11kv wires to that. (so that would be 3 phase) After that the three
phase 11kv wanders off across fields and I loose it from sight. Maybe Google
earth would be helpful.

Anyway, A friend of a friend once worked as an engineer for MANWEB. He's
hopefully going to chat with me tomorrow on the best tactics regarding
getting an upgrade. It does sound to me like a geriatric transformer
problem.

Thanks for the help chaps, I've got plenty of ammo now!

Julian.