Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Darrell Feltmate Darrell Feltmate is offline

Default Just starting ... which lathe???

Larry
180* ? Usually if there are 2 set screws they are 90* apart. It allows a
lock with two different directions of pressure. I am not sure ofthe benefit
but this is just observation on my part anyhow.

--
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate

"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message
Darrell Feltmate wrote:

Larry
i do not have that lathe but I assume the pulley is held in place with a
set
screw. If the screw is loostening due to vibration, a common problem,
tighten it down firmly and then use another set screw on top of it. This
works like a nut holding another nut secure.

Thanks, Darrell. So far, the Loctite is holding, but if it fails I'll try
the
double setscrew. One of the quirks is that the holes for the indexing pin
are in the back of the pulley set, so its position on the shaft is pretty
critical. The double setscrew would let me adjust that a little easier
than
the Loctite.

BTW, it has 2 setscrews - 180 degrees apart.

--
It's turtles, all the way down