Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Question about buying tile

wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Actually, I do have a professional tile man in mind to do the
installation. I am sort of handy but working with marble is something I
would never attempt myself. Here is one more sticky question. If I were
to buy this marble tile online, would it be offensive if I went to a
marble/granite shop and asked them to install it even though I didn't
buy it from them.

Anthony

We bought tile first, found the contractor afterward. We just loved the
tile when we first saw it and wanted to order before supply exhaused.

When we started looking for a contractor, we ended up with the first one
we talked to. He mentioned that he could have ordered the same or very
similar tile, but it was no big deal. You might be in better favor with
a contractor you buy tile from, but that is life. If he is offended, he
doesn't need to accept your business.

FWIW, the only thing I know about marble is that I often see
instructions not to let water stand on marble. Do you KNOW this tile is
suitable for bath?

I know a mechanic (good, honest one) who installs stuff customers bring
in. They can always adjust the price on the install to make up for what
they lose on the sale.