Posted to alt.home.repair
andy everett andy everett is offline

Default Adding a reverse action pressure switch and stuff as well pumpprotection?

Paul Franklin wrote:
On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 19:00:58 GMT, andy everett
wrote:

I bought a reverse action pressure switch that I want to add
electrically in series with the existing well water pressure switch. The
new switch closes on pressure rise. With both switches in series and
with the water tank pressurized if a pipe were to break the well pump
would eventually draw air and the pressure would go towards zero and the
reverse acting switch would shut the pump off. I would have to add a
double pole double throw switch so that at zero pressure the reverse
action switch could be bypassed and the system could come up to pressure.

Can anyone find fault with such a system?

Thank you for your time.

They make well pressure switches with a low pressure cutout built in.
It's to protect the pump from running dry.

There's a little lever on the side you flip to temporarily bypass it
at startup.

It looks exactly like the standard switch, just has the extra little
lever. I got mine at Lowes or HD.

I think your plan would work, but this would be a lot less work.

HTH,

Paul

Thank you, I agree. Will shop for it. Anyone need a Square D
9013FRG22J19 Cheap %^)