Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.consumers.frugal-living,sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Default Planned Obselescence....A Good Thing?

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
ps.com...
In my opinon, it is a symptom of a larger problem....

Companies are setting up the situation that you are forced to buy new
versus repair the used applicance, car, electronics, computers, cell
phones....because they make a larger profit.

Only partly true. Do you want to keep your computer forever? Do you think
you'd be on line here if you still had that 286 processor? We lived for
centuries with no computer but having one is a choice we make. I bought a
new refrigerator with the money saved on the electric bill by getting rid of
the old one. Sometimes, new really is better.