Posted to sci.electronics.repair
jss jss is offline

Default Power hungry lcd CCFL tube

Eh, you just bought the wrong tube. Easiest to throw it away and buy the
right one. Look at a site such as

http://www.lcdpart.com/doc/ccfl.html

Thank you Jim Land for your reply.

I considered that but after searching the net for many tubes of 2 x 305
mm, including the site you indicate, and I didn't find one that
consumes more than 7 mA, on the stated characteristics I mean.

So I assumed that there are no tubes consuming 13 mA and mine is
probably manufacture defective or faulty in some way; am I wrong?
I think the inverter is ok because the current is normal with the old
tube.

One other thing I didn't refer is that I can feel the tube warmer than
I would expect, more to the hot side, from the outside of the LCD.

Do you care to comment, or anyone else?

Regards
Joao