Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Computer question

Baron wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Baron wrote:

Charlie East wrote:

Ok ,I put them in and pc will not boot, So I guess they are not
compatable,
The original has a sticker HYM7V65801,, BTFG-10SBA-A
PC100-322-620-0034,
the new ones say 128MB, 877576 PC133
Thanks for the replies, guess I will just have to order the
correct ones Charlie

"Homer J Simpson" wrote in message

"James Sweet" wrote in message

Go to one of the memory sites like Mushkin or Crucial.com, as
I recall they have a search engine where you can enter the
model of your PC and
it
will tell you what type of RAM you need.

Or better still, Kingston

www.kingston.com

I've a feeling that the machine doesn't support sticks bigger than
64M!

Not according to the Crucial website:

http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.aspx?model=Pavilion+XE783

Maximum Memory: 512MB
Standard Memory: 64MB removable
Slots: 2 (2 banks of 1)
USB Support: 1.x Compliant
--
Service to my country? Been there, Done that, and I've got my DD214
to prove it.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Thats great! I wasn't sure. Some of the older boards didn't like the
bigger sticks.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.

The website says it will take a pair of 256 MB PC133 RAM

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida