Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
[email protected] l.vanderloo@rogers.com is offline

Default I want to build a woodturning lathe

Hi Prometheus

Here is a lot of info if you really read all the info given, and yes
this is an awful lot of lathe.

http://www.oneway.on.ca/lathes/2436lathe.htm

And here's a totally different one, and does what it needs to also.

http://www.vkleibrant.com/process.html

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

http://homepage.mac.com/l.vanderloo/PhotoAlbum25.html

Prometheus wrote:
On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 09:31:27 -0500, "Dan Bollinger"
wrote:

A few questions spring to mind immediately- are you planning on
casting this yourself out of metal, or building out of wood?

Most of the home-built and mfgr'd short-run lathes like One-Way are fabricated
from welded steel.

That'd be what I'd assume for the legs and case- but are the headstock
mount, the tailstock and the ways welded steel as well? (It's a
serious question, I've seen a One-Way, but wasn't really looking at
those particular parts.)