Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
John DeBoo John DeBoo is offline

Default Just starting ... which lathe???

PapaChuck wrote:
One bit of advice. But a full size lathe first. Oh, you will wind up
buying a mini, but buy the full size first. After you have it awhile you
will understand why.

I am currently heading toward the Oneway 1224 ... it seems to have many
large-lathe features with a smaller footprint. And it has the
bed-extension capability.

What am I missing??

-- Chuck

FWIW, the Jet has an extension available too. I have just the lathe,
and a full sized one (different mfgr) and am most pleased with the Jet
mini. I use it a lot more than the full sized one. Its an excellent
piece of machinery!
John