Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default PVC Cement on CPVC Pipe 1/2"

On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 11:22:30 -0600, HerHusband
wrote:

PVC solvent is usually clear or blue.

CPVC solvent is usually orange.

The primer is usually purple.

From what I've read, this lets inspectors see at a glance whether you used
the primer (required by code for PVC and CPVC)

OOPS. I may have used primer, but if I didn't, am I off the hook:
The only plastic pipes I have fiddled with are the sump pump output,
the AC condensate drain, and the water heater leak-into-the-sump pipe.

Does that part of the code doesn't apply to any of those things?

BTW, I wanted to add pipes to my black sump pump pipe, but now all I
see is white pipe. Is that what I'm supposed to use?

, and whether you used the
appropriate solvent for the type of pipe you have.