Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default More ground rod ?

Dean wrote:
I'm working on/live in a mobile home,the ground rod is underneath
where no rain hits,,it is about 4' from the skirting..Moisture will
obviously help a rod to ground properly..My ? is will the moisture
"soak over" far enuff to reach the rod or should I add one just
outside the line of skirting? I'm of a mind that adding one ca'nt
hurt if I avoid the buried lines phone, propane ,water and sewer..
Before I moved the home here(1 1/2 yers ago) the empty spot
recieved some rain for a few months or so,,how much rain I do'nt
know.. Should an added rod be wired directly to My new 100amp
breaker box ground bar or to the frame like the existing rod? The
Electrician that helps out here is a young Fella but has more
expierience than I do with wiring,just want some opinions before I
ask Him about it..Thanks. Dean

Don't worry. If the existing ground meets code, it will be fine. Dig
down two feet and compare. Chances are the area around the ground will be
just as damp as anywhere else nearby.

The real trick is to meet the code. The code is designed to avoid
problems.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit