Posted to alt.home.repair
andy everett andy everett is offline

Default Adding a reverse action pressure switch and stuff as well pump protection?

I bought a reverse action pressure switch that I want to add
electrically in series with the existing well water pressure switch. The
new switch closes on pressure rise. With both switches in series and
with the water tank pressurized if a pipe were to break the well pump
would eventually draw air and the pressure would go towards zero and the
reverse acting switch would shut the pump off. I would have to add a
double pole double throw switch so that at zero pressure the reverse
action switch could be bypassed and the system could come up to pressure.

Can anyone find fault with such a system?

Thank you for your time.