Posted to alt.home.repair
Dean Dean is offline

Default More ground rod ?

I'm working on/live in a mobile home,the ground rod is underneath
where no rain hits,,it is about 4' from the skirting..Moisture will
obviously help a rod to ground properly..My ? is will the moisture
"soak over" far enuff to reach the rod or should I add one just outside
the line of skirting? I'm of a mind that adding one ca'nt hurt if I
avoid the buried lines phone, propane ,water and sewer..
Before I moved the home here(1 1/2 yers ago) the empty spot
recieved some rain for a few months or so,,how much rain I do'nt know..
Should an added rod be wired directly to My new 100amp breaker box
ground bar or to the frame like the existing rod? The Electrician that
helps out here is a young Fella but has more expierience than I do with
wiring,just want some opinions before I ask Him about it..Thanks.
Dean