Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
PapaChuck PapaChuck is offline

Default Just starting ... which lathe???

wrote:

If you like to compare, than going from a mini to a 16" or 20" lathe
you are really in another ballpark so to speak, and the prices and
abilities are also way out of comparison with a mini.

However the most important item would be a membership to a wood turners
club and or lessons from a good turner.

I am leaning toward the Oneway 1224 ... with associated Oneway stuff.
Sounds like I will be spending some money ... BUT will only be spending
it once (which makes it cheaper in the long run.)

The wood turners club input is a good catch ... was becoming clear that
I would not be able to get everything out of books (as is my custom)
and OJT.

Thanks for everyone's very thoughtful input!!!

-- Papa Chuck