Posted to rec.woodworking
Ron Magen Ron Magen is offline

Default Penetrol rust prevention

Lew -

I spoke to the Flood Tech people - the great price difference between
the 'home' and 'Marine' versions. The only difference is the 'label on the
can'.

I have a can of the stuff - from the local 'Home Center'. While I've read
comments about it's use on Gelcoat {and the resultant horror stories}, I've
never heard about it's 'long-term rust preventative' properties.

A cautionary note about their 'water-based' version . . . DO NOT use it with
GLOSS paints. For some reason it 'flattens' the gloss to a very finely
'pebbled Satin' appearance. Drove me absolutely nuts - till I finally
figured it out !!

Regards,
Ron

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
link.net...
SNIP

Evidently Pentrol is a good Flood product for the industrial market.

The products they offer for the marine market SUCKS.

Using nothing at all creates less follow up work.

Lew