Posted to rec.woodworking
sailor sailor is offline

Default This pocket hole jig any good?

Duff wrote:
Been a member here for 2 months and this is my first posting...

The Kreg jig listed above is one I've got and I get LOTS of use of it.
Normally runs about 20 bucks but I got it for 15 and it was worth it!!!

The insert/collar is a steel insert and the bit hasn't worn it out, nor
do I suspect it will. Pocket hole woodworking is very strong and fast.
Just search online for videos and you can see the demos on
www.kregtool.com as to the surprising abilities it has. Good luck!
BTW, sailor, you former Sailor?

Ward (Chief USN)

Former sailor (wind powered type) If I ever get to refit the old boat, I'll be a current sailor! I had it trucked to backyard, so there is no rush to save yard bills. While it is in the backyard, I found this group, and got more interested in woodworking. This group is fantastic for the novice. THANKS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATE