Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Bloomfield Harry Bloomfield is offline

Default Leaking corrugated garage roof

Ben R was thinking very hard :
Hi

We've just bought a house with a double garage with a shallow-sloping
corrugated roof (part plastic coated steel sheeting, part what looks
like fibre-glass sheeting). Water is dripping down the wooden beams of
the garage from the rain and, I think, condensation. The leaks are
caused by the bright spark who built it attaching the sheets to the
timbers at the trough of each corrugation rather than at the
crest/peak. Has anyone got any ideas on how I can solve this without
having to buy new sheeting?

Thanks in advance

Ben

Attaching the sheet steel down by the troughs (if you are referring to
those) is absolutely the correct method. The bolts used should have an
integral rubber like washer, which is designed to seal itself between
the underside of the bolt and the sheet. Check the correct bolts have
been used and that the rubber washers are intact. Bolting through the
troughs is the only way to produce enough pressure to get a proper
seal, otherwise the metal sheet would simply deform.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)