Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Gas Furnace Works Only When Power Reset

wrote:
On 14 Jan 2007 06:18:17 -0800, "Sam" wrote:

Hello,

My gas furnace turns on if I reset the power to it and brings the
temperature up to set point. However, it seems that the next time the
thermostat sends the signal, the furnace doesn't start until I cycle
its power switch.

Please advise.

Thank you,

Sam

What senses the presence of the flame?
Heat sensor- adjust, clean or replace....
Light sensor - clean or replace

Hi,
OP did not mention what model furnace. Flame is sensed by flame sensor
after ignition. It'll try 3 times and will lock up. After certain lapse
of time it'll reset itself or can be manually reset.
Most common problem with sensor is slight rust build up on the surface.
Rub it with emery cloth or such and it'll work again.
First thing, pull the error code looking at blinking LED light on the
logic control board counting long and short blinks before it is reset.