Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default My (controversial) Theory

As I read the post, he only replaced (1), because he broke it. He just
changed how the outlets from 1969 were wired

wrote in message
oups.com...
First the OP did a good thing replacing cheap poor backstab outlets.
remember the entire outlet is worth nothing and sells for just a bit
more.

I had a radio once that had a slight hiss. took it to the shop no
noise, wierd. back to the kitchen hiss back on some stations the ones I
liked.

back to the shop, perfect...... perfect in every other location I tried
radio. other radios didnt hiss in this outlet........

finally replaced outlet hiss gone forever

so for this radio with this outlet it was bad news.

might be for the OP too, if its better GREAT!

as for power use its possible, systems in devices are complicated, like
computers and UPS.

imagine a electric heater plugged in a oputlet in a outside non
insulated wall.

in the winter the heater is used the excess heat from the poor backstab
outlet dissapates into the cold wall doing little to warm the room so
the heater has to run longer.....